We are hosting an auction on Facebook to raise funds for our adoption from China. The auction will be open for bidding from
April 2-6, 2015 March 12-15. We are humbly asking our friends to donate goods and services to help us bring our son home! 100% of the profits for the auction will go towards our adoption. We have already received some wonderful items, and there is more to come!
**DATE CHANGE ANNOUNCEMENT! Due to some conflicts and the nature of some donations we are working on, we have moved the date of this event up a few weeks. Bidding will now take place March 12-15. Please make note of the new dates! Thanks for your support. **
How does the auction work? It’s simple! I will post pictures of the items on our event page, and all you have to do is comment with your bid! Highest bidder at the close of the auction (3/15/15 9:00 pm) wins the item! For those of you not on Facebook, I will post pictures here, too, and you can ask me to bid on your behalf- just let me know your maximum bid! 1. The first item added to our auction is this beautiful photography print from Belinda Greb of Belinda Greb Photography. This print will be printed on 13″x19″ lustre paper (unframed, copyright will be removed from image). Regular price is $65; suggested starting bid is $10. You can check out her Etsy shop, RadianceCardsPhotos at https://www.etsy.com/shop/RadianceCardsPhotos and order other types of prints at http://crated.com/BelindaGreb
2. “Bind my wandering heart to thee” hand painted wood plaque. 6″x6″, 3/4″ thick solid wood. Comes with hanger on back. By Lindsey Albertson Spencer of Field and Forest Designs. Retail $30. Suggested starting bid $15.
3. Customized hand painted state ornament. You choose state and color. Colors available: light blue, dark blue, red, light green, dark green.Lindsey Albertson Spencer can also put a heart over a certain city if desired. 3″ diameter. Retail:$9 Suggested Starting bid: $5 Field and Forest Designs
5. This beautiful bracelet was donated by fellow adoptive mom, Julie Faulkner Masse. Bracelets for One are handmade, glass bead and leather wrap bracelets made by the Masse family to raise money to help bring their daughter home from China! Check out their blog (http://masseadoption.blogspot.com/…/04/bracelets-for-one.ht…) to see the many colors and styles they have. Each one is made to order! Up for auction is one bracelet in the Matte Aztec Gold style. Sells for $25.99, suggested starting bid is $5.
6. Our neighbor has donated two sets of never-used China for the Auction. There are 6 saucers and cups in the Biltmore for your Home Opulence pattern, and let me tell you, these are gorgeous! The pictures do NOT do them justice!
7. This set has six saucers and 4 cups in the Waterford Golden Apple Pattern. Thank you so much for your donations, Robin! And again, let me say, these are gorgeous! The pictures do NOT do them justice!
9. Personal tax preparation by Robin Knight Krcelic. Regular price is $175; suggested starting bid $45
10. Our friend, Sharma, has donated this Thirty-One flat iron case in “Circle Spirals” canvas. It’s silver thermal lining can withstand heat up to 400 degrees. Great for travel! Retails for $20. Suggested starting bid, $5. http://www.mythirtyone.com/sharmaburk
11. Thirty-One travel bag in Sea Plaid. Includes TSA compliant bottles in a zipper pouch. A $60 value. Suggested starting bid, $10. http://www.mythirtyone.com/sharmaburk
12. Set of three fun scarves in red, pink, and purple. Beautiful! Donated by a neighbor’s cousin. Suggested starting bid $6
13. Lauren & Stephen Mobley of Cosmic Jump have donated a 4-hour jump house party! Includes set-up and breakdown. $150 value. Local bidders only, please! (Travel fees will apply to bidders more than 20 miles of 29708.)
14. We have two sets of books by John Kenneth Muir up for auction! Each set will be signed. The sets include one copy each of An Askew View 2 (2012), Horror Film FAQ (2013), Music on FIlm; Purple Rain (2012), and The FIlms of Mira Nair (2005). Sets will go to the top two bidders.
http://johnkennethmuir.com/ Be sure to check out John’s awesome blog on cult movies and classic television at http://reflectionsonfilmandtelevision.blogspot.com/
15. “We would like to offer our services to benefit The Martin family with a 2 hour package worth $250! This includes traveling radius within 3 hours distance of Raleigh, NC. We are a Raleigh based company, locally owned & operated.” Props are included with the rental fee. With one of our favorite pastimes being shopping for props or making novelty props, you are guaranteed a forever expanding and changing prop chest, you never know what you may find!
“We enjoy working all types of events, such as weddings, bar/bat mitzvahs, reunions, birthday parties, corporate events, holiday/Christmas parties, etc. This will need to be used this year & will expire at the end of 2015. Please keep in mind our busiest seasons are May, June, July & December. We encourage the bidder to book their date as soon as possible. Thanks! Suggested opening bid $100”
16. Vickie Williams has donated custom invitation design for your next event! This will include phone/email consultation, custom design, editing, and final artwork file sent to you! Retail value starts at $75.
(*artwork only. Printing and assembly not available at this time.) Suggested starting bid, $8.
17. Our generous neighbor donated this beautiful S&D Coffee gift basket. Its full of different kinds of coffee (I count 10 bags, which may include hot chocolate), Moravian cookies, a pecan roll, and Lindt truffles.
Local bidders, only please. Unless you want to pay for shipping!
18. This beautiful baby blanket was crocheted by a friend we met working at the UNCC football games this summer, raising money for our adoption. Soft blues, greens, & cream hues are surrounded by a brown trim. Measures approx. 28″x32″.
19. Fellow adoptive momma, Jessica Finley Mullins of With Love Accessories has donated a $20 gift certificate to her etsy shop. Her shop features fun covered button jewelry, made to help fund their adoption from Columbia. https://www.etsy.com/shop/WithLoveAccessories1
20. Be one of the first to own a trackable disc golf disc! Tobu discs is donating one of their Special Edition discs which will retail for $35. The winner of this item will receive the disc as soon as it is available (estimated to be end of March). Suggested starting bid, $20.
21. Our friend, Jill, has donated a Jamberry gift basket valued at $57.50. Includes application kit (comes with nail scissors, file, nail clippers, buffer block, 2 alcohol wipes, 2 orange sticks, and 1 rubber cuticle pusher in nice plum bag) and 4 sheets of nail wraps.
1 sheet gives you at least two manicures and 2 pedicures.
Suggested starting bid- $40
22. Michele Marie Photography has donated an 8×10″ subway print in your choice of colors (up to 4 colors max, generally 3-4), in either sans serif or serif fonts with optional script font for the first name (pictured on the one pictured on the top right corner). You are bidding on a digital file that will be emailed in high-resolution, for you to order from any major retailer (i.e. Shutterfly). No hard copy will be printed. One print per child or family member with a retail of $10 per print. Suggested starting bid, $5
23. Thank you to our friend, Sarah, for donating this set of 8 handcrafted, all occasion cards! Birthday, thank you, baby, and note cards are included in this set and fit in this adorable paper basket. http://sarahcray.stampinup.net/
24. Set of four pairs of soda can earrings made by Chris’ Aunt Cathy. This set makes me think of comic books and pop art. These fun, feminine earrings are lightweight and light catching. Valued at $16. Suggested starting bid, $5.
25. Set of four pairs of soda can earrings made by Chris’ Aunt Cathy. A pair for each season! These fun, feminine earrings are lightweight and light catching. Valued at $16. Suggested starting bid, $5.
26. Bridgette Williams Photography has donated $100 credit towards a photo session! We have used Bridgette for our family photos for the last two years, and are always thrilled with her work. Be sure to check out her website to see more of her beautiful images! Suggested starting bid- $20 http://www.bridgettewilliamsphotography.com/
27. The Baking Mommy Cakes By Erin is donating a $100 gift card towards sweet treats! Erin is a local, out-of-home Mommy baker, and our wonderful neighbor and friend. She can create a three layer dream cake for you, cupcakes with your favorite flavors, or sweet bite sized cake pops in your choice of chocolate, red velvet, white, or champagne flavored cake. Please place your order at least two weeks in advance of the date needed. Local bidders to Charlotte only, please. Suggested Starting bid- $20
28. Elizabeth Troutman has donated this beautiful pair of Lia Sophia “Awaken” earrings – Genuine golden abalone and mint green resin stones are a perfect pick-me-up in polished gold. Suggested starting bid, $10.
29. Thanks Lauren Williams for donating this Rodan + Fields eye cream!
Rodan + Fields is the adult skincare line created by the same DRs who created Proactiv. They have 4 adult regimens to address your skincare concerns. Redefine for anti-aging, Reverse for sun damage and skin dullness, Soothe for sensitive skin and Unblemish for adult hormonal acne. This multi-function eye cream is part of the Redefine line and has been rated as the #1 eye cream by Allure magazine!
* Collagen stimulating peptides minimize appearance of crow’s feet
*Anti-inflammatory peptide soothes eye area and reduces puffiness
* Peat extract diminishes dark circles
* optical diffusers immediately brighten skin
Retails for $60.
Take a FREE skin consultation online by going to https://laurenwilliams.myrandf.com/…/GetAdvice/SolutionsTool. Eye cream will be shipped directly to the winner!
30. Mike of Blue Star Auto Detail has donated one detail package to anyone who lives in our neighborhood (or wants to come hang out at our place for a couple of hours!).
Includes complete exterior wash and dry, clean and dress wheels and tires, clean door and trunk jams, complete vacuuming, wiping down/cleaning of all interior dash, console and doors (shine upon request), cleaning of interior/exterior glass. Valued at $50.
31. Our wonderful neighbor and friend, Petra, made this burlap wreath for our auction. With navy blue accents, this lovely wreath is sure to add fun interest to your door!
32. Bonnie Cole of Stiles has donated these fun pendants! They are handmade Altered Art Pendants, created from real, vintage Scrabble® game tiles. The tile is approximately 3/4″ square, and the crystal clear image is finished with a durable, high gloss epoxy resin sealant. The bail is nickel free, Sterling Silver plated, and the opening is approximately 5mm and will accommodate most chains and cords. It comes with a 24″ Silver plated Ball Chain. Retail price $9.99
33. Diana of D-Lights Soy Candles, is donating three sets of scented candles. Each set contains one large (pint) and one medium (half-pint) candle in matching scents/colors. All natural, 100% soy wax & hemp wick candles. Colors and scents up for auction: lavender/lavender, red/apple cinnamon, ivory/buttery vanilla. Retail for $30 per set.
35. Our friend and neighbor Janira donated this beautiful 12×12″ acrylic on canvas artwork.
36. Our friend and neighbor Jani Cho donated this beautiful 12×12″ acrylic on canvas artwork. Fun bold colors, with a glitter accented stripe.
37. Our neighbor donated this 3 piece set from Premier Designs Jewelry which includes a necklace, bracelet, and earrings that have never been worn and are still in the original packaging.
The set is from the “First Lady” collection. The bracelet and necklace both have magnetic closures and can be connected together for a total length of 21”.
Suggested starting bid, $12
38. This Lia Sophia necklace was donated by our neighbor. Called “Menagerie”. 32” – 35”. Retails for $58. Suggested starting bid $5
39. These Lia Sophia earrings were donated by our neighbor and are called “Intertwined”. Retails for $28. Suggested starting bid, $4.
40. This is another Lia Sophia piece from our neighbor. It’s a bracelet called “Wild Thing” – cut crystals & is a stretch bracelet. Retails for $56. Suggested starting bid, $5.
41. This necklace was donated by our neighbor. Lia Sophia – “Azure” Genuine Mother-of-Pearl & cut crystals with Resin. 16” – 19″. Retail price $54, suggested starting bid $8
42. This necklace is by Lia Sophia “Wild Card” – Glass & Resin Beads. It’s 38” – 41”. Retail price, $130. Suggested starting bid, $10.
43. Rustic North Carolina Flag Art. Constructed by Drew Hammill and hand painted by Melissa Terry Hammill. Measures 40” wide, 24” high and 1.5” deep. New wood and sturdy construction. Finished with wax for indoor use. Retail value $100. Local bidders to Charlotte, only please.
Need to contact me? Use the form below.