I had written a post about last weekend, and have not been able to post it. Aside from my new schedule and feeling crazy busy with my new commute, work, a new women’s group, and normal happenings here, to add to it I left the power cord for my Chromebook in Myrtle Beach. Oh, you didn’t know we went to the beach? That’s because my Chromebook has been dead and I haven’t been able to provide any of the updates I’ve wanted to! I tried to use my phone to post, but once I hit “publish” it just sat there, stalled. That was incredibly frustrating.

So, with this post, you get the one I had written, and also some additional updates. A sort of Two-fer… I’m not even going to edit my first post. You’ll get it as is. or.. as was?

Last weekend was a Myrtle Beach weekend for us. We took Friday off of work, and headed down Thursday night after dinner. We time it like that so we can have a full day down there the next day, and because Austin will sleep in the car during the 3 hour drive down. So Thursday evening, after a pizza dinner with friends, we cleaned up, packed up, and hit the road.
The trip started out like any other trip down. We go about every six weeks to visit family, so we’ve got the routine down. Well, a little over an hour into our trip, I hear Austin’s paci pop out of his mouth, and something that sounded…. Wet. So I turned on the light and looked back at my sleeping child, just in time to see him throw up. A lot. So we pulled over at the nearest gas station, cleaned up the kid, his car seat, and the car, changed his clothes, and got back on the road. That pit stop cost us some time though. A little bit later- it happens again. We stop and get everything clean. At this point, all of Austin’s spare clothes are buried under our luggage, so he’s riding in a diaper. We hit the road, and it happens a third time. The gas station we pull over at this time is not open, so we head to another. This time, after Austin and everything else were cleaned up, we think to put a catch-all bib on him. Good thing. He threw up twice more on the way down. Around the 4th time, our little trooper starts to cry. I just wish there wasn’t so much stuff crammed in our backseat, so I can sit with him. I reach back and hold his hand. Finally, we arrive at our destination, and just as we pull up, he throws up for the sixth and final time of the night.

It was a long drive.
The next two mornings, Austin throws up at breakfast, but was fine the rest of the day. We decide it’s his milk, and throw it out. We get on with the trip.
Friday we have lunch with Chris’ mom, visit his dad who is recovering from surgery, and head to the beach. It’s overcast and super windy. After about an hour, we decide it’s too chilly to stay, but Austin had fun playing in the sand while we were there. We had dinner with Chris’ mom, and Austin was really into watching the pianist at the restaurant. The next day, at Chris’ grandma’s, Austin plays with their piano.

All in all, it was a good trip. We had lots of family time, and even met up with a friend we had made on our cruise. Chris’ aunt gave us a ton of handcrafted jewelry to sell to help us raise funds for our adoption. we ate lots of good food, and just tried to make the most of our time down there. Even so, it’s always good to be back home. We’re heading back down in just two short weeks… A short trip, but hopefully a good one.


He stole my seaweed salad, but at least his appetite was back!


Double Rainbow!


And so that was last weekend. Eventful. And the rest of the week was just plain busy. Busy for both Chris and I at work. I got to have lunch with my mom one day while she was working uptown, so that was a nice break. We dined at The Capital Grille and it was delicious!

WP_20140923_003 WP_20140923_004

Wednesday night was my first night with my new Life Group. This time it’s a women’s group, and this was their second meeting. I am hoping and praying that fellowship with these women will really help me to deepen and strengthen my relationship with the Lord, and that good relationships with these women will form as well. They seem like a great bunch of ladies, and I’m already feeling good about the book we are reading – A Praying Life, by Paul Miller. It’s good timing for this book, because I feel like lately my prayers have been repetitive and stagnant, and we have a lot to be prying about.

It was one of those weeks where I was easily annoyed, and little things happened every day that made the week drag on and on. I couldn’t be happier that it is Friday. It’s been a tough week for both Chris and I. But we have been trying to smile through the setbacks and disappointments. We’ve been doing lots of group hugs with Austin, which always makes us laugh.

Tomorrow we are volunteering with UNCC Football again, to raise more funds for our adoption. I hope it’s a good time. The weather should be much nicer than last time, and we are picking up a good, fun guy that we don’t get to see often enough. I hope to remember to take some pictures this time. 🙂

Have a great weekend y’all. I hope to be able to post again soon, but we shall see. At least we’re going back to Myrtle Beach in another 10 days or so. I think I can survive without my Chromebook until then…


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s