Where have we been??? I know it has been over a year since our last post. I apologize and will be sure to make a regular habit of updating this blog. I just haven’t had ten minutes and two free hands in so long. Why you ask?? Well… (drumroll please!)… we had a baby! Haha. Shocker, right? I know most everyone who reads our blog knows this already, but let’s just pretend you didn’t. 🙂
I can see that I started a post back in March of last year that never got posted. We’ll see if it is still relevant to anything in our lives now.
I’m going to sum up the last year’s events as succinctly as possible:
- We got pregnant
- We told our parents on Mothers’ Day
- Went to California for cousin, Jordan’s, graduation and told the rest of the family then.
- lots of doctor’s appointments
- we completed 14 hours of adoption training class
- Threw a gender reveal party for our families- it’s a boy!
- Baby showers! ( family, friends, neighbors, and coworkers. Phew!)
- Completed the nursery (there may have to be a separate post on this!)
- Outer Banks trip for our 2 year anniversary/Babymoon
- Myrtle Beach for Thanksgiving with Chris’ family
- my little brother moved back to California 😥
- Christmas Eve with my parents
- Christmas day arrival of our son, Austin
- Little brother arrives for a visit on Christmas Day, just in time to see his nephew.
- My grandparents come for a visit from California
- I turn 30
- Austin grows
- Weekly mom dates with other friends on maternity leave
- We do a St. Patty’s Day Neighborhood Crawl
- Also a May Day festival
- We start a new small group
- Austin grows
- We have tile backsplash installed in the kitchen
- Chris does a mud run in the freezing rain
- I return to work after 12 weeks maternity leave
- Austin Grows
That’s pretty much the major points in a somewhat accurate order. Of course there was work stuff, and get togethers, lots of yard work, and pictures of food all in there as well. Now, we are almost halfway through 2013 (I can’t believe it!). We have a nighttime 5k coming up, some volunteering to do with our small group, and hopefully, baby swim lessons with Austin. 🙂 My brother comes for a visit in a few weeks- I can’t wait to spend some time with him.
We have finally finished our adoption package, and it is being sent off today. It took a while to get everything done… We had a lot going on. But we are excited to get this process going again!
And now, pictures of Austin.